Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thank you!

I would like to thank all of you who have been reading Bama's story. I have been surprised, humbled, and comforted by the number of people who have visited this blog. Knowing that she is touching others has made the grief and pain of her loss a little easier. Those of you who have fibromyalgia seem to be most inspired by her story because you face the challenge of daily life with chronic pain as I do. For example, Blue Mist responded after reading this blog, "Thank you BAMA for showing us the meaning of truly living each day to it's fullest and the value of every single day!"

I also appreciate the compassion of friends and relatives who are making this journey seem not so lonely. The vets and staff at the vet hospital sent me a beautiful sympathy card with personal comments from each of them. They even surprised me by mailing me a clay imprint of her paw and a poem. They have also grieved deeply over Bama's loss. I've invited them to share their thoughts about it here, but it seems to be too painful for them. I believe they will when they are ready. I hope they realize how much I value the extra time they gave me with Bama.

I am staying true to my commitment to find another job instead of going on disability. I'm applying for another job this week. I don't know if this is the next step in my destiny, but I believe it's important for me to be open to possibilities.

I want to write about BigDog and Buster soon and will continue to add updates when the muse taps me on the shoulder.

Thank you again for caring.

No comments: